Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
Can be most likely due to gastritis or heartburn.
Thanks for posting query on this forum,
Have gone through your details.
There are three possibilities basically-
1)As pain is left sided and is felt below ribs and your age is 63,Possibility of coronary artery disease is to be ruled out initially.
I would suggest you to go for a E.K.G and 2D echo test,Any cardiac pathology will most probably be reflected in these tests.As CAD can lead to emergency it should be ruled out First..
2)History of Gastric pain is highly suggestive of Gstritis,Acid peptic problem causing heartburn.Pain due to heartburn can be felt in chest .If cardiac origin is ruled out i would suggest you to take a combination of analgesis and antispasmodic like Dicyclomine and Paracetamol along with PPI's like Nekium 40mg to provide symptomatic relief.
However an ultrasound Abdomen should be done along with microscopic stool test to rule out possibility of Stomach mucosa infection and inflammation.
3)As you have take ibuprofen,If you respond to it it means that pain can be muscular or bony in origin.Vitamin D and calcium levels should be checked in that case.
However chances of it being due to heartburn are significantly high.
I hope i answered your query well.
Feel free to ask follow up query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for child with severe pain in ribs
- Severe pain lithotripsy treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Severe pain below ribs
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?