Suggest treatment for severe pain in the breasts and abdomen

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: For several weeks, I have experienced what seems to be pretty severe abdominal pain. I have had a ct scan looking for appendicitis, which came out negative. I wasn't incredibly surprised by that because my pain is in my upper abdominal area from under the breast about 3 in above my navel. I get bouts of extreme pain that requires me to lie down, in addition that area in the upper abdominal area, becomes extremely distended. With that comes long periods (a week or two) of no bowel movements, to then the extreme of cramping and several loose bowel movements in a day and then the cycle begins again. Am I looking for an ulcer or something like that causing the constipation, distention and pain? I am not sure what it going on.
I have also experienced unexplained weight gain, roughly 18 pounds in 4 months.How long does it take to get a response? At this rate and cost I could have gone to the doctor. It's been 45 minutes and yet you claim to have 124 doctors waiting to answer questions. Whats the deal?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need Ct scan report

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome to HCM forum . thanks for writing in to us . I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. your symptoms are mostly suggestive of obstruction of gastric outlet which can happen many years after Gastric bypass. can you upload the ct scan report. of your abdomen done for appendicitis . It must be stating the condition of stomach and intestines. other possible explanation can be inflammable bowel disease . your weight gain can be due to hypothyroidism , have you recently checked your TSH levels, cause weight gain with abdomen complaints is rarely seen. waiting for the report . Regards Dr Manisha Jain
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN