Suggest treatment for severe lower leg and buttocks pain

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Thank you for your enquiry Dr Savaskar,
I have been back to the Neurosurgeon a couple of weeks ago. At the time he feels I am a bit better with less pain. However, he still feels I should prepare myself for an operation. Unfortunately I do not have private health insurance as I would like to get it over with. I am going to my GP tomorrow for a referral to the neurosurgeons at Westmead Hospital, apparently their waitng list is not so long. With that I expect they will contact me and I will have to go and see them.
I am still in some pain but bearable. Mainly in my lower leg, but sometimes in my buttock. I have back ache rather than pain. The problem is i have stenosis on the L4/5 on the left side . As he just says surgery , you can probably tell me is this the microdisectomy surgery I would need.
Thank you for your concern . It is much appreciated.
kind regards
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Request for avoiding surgery/Under Investigation

Detailed Answer:

Brief ans-Request for avoiding surgery/Under Investigation.

Hi,Welcome for your query.
I would love to help you to avoid microdiscectomy for your advanced age and cortisol resistance and for your osteoporosis.
Please update your photogrph,your weight, and built for further review in next session.
Due to technicle snag i have to stop.Will discuss next session.

Awaiting for your reply.

Good Day!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply. However, I do not have osteoporosis. My weight is 68klgs. I have stenosis on L4 and L5 vertebrae
thankyou.
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Left Leg Pain with Spinal Stenosis at L4/L5 Facet hypertrophy

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Left Leg Pain with Spinal Stenosis at L4/L5 Facet hypertrophy

Hi,thanks for the updates.
Sorry I have to keep you waiting.
In the morning due to Net failures and snags,I had to wind up my reply.
My apologies for the same.

In my opinion,If you want to have non-surgical option,there is a way out,but its special treatment over 1-3 mths time.Do contact to My mail id YYYY@YYYY ,for the logins for the further treatments and consultations for the same.
In case you plan for Microdiscectomy,I would keep My fingers crossed due to the factors explained in my last reply.

As you are cortisol resistant,with low tolerance to operative stress
and you yourself want to opt for the non-surgical options, as asked in first 2 questions,I would suggest to go for non-surgical rather than surgical due to risks involved and morbidity with it.

Osteoporosis matters if present,as the stress of surgery is unpredictable in the post-operative recovery.

I will be with you to help you in any situation,if need be.

Will appreciate You,writing excellent feedback comments about your experience with My services,to help the needy patient visitors like You.

Wishing fast recovery and healthy life in time to come.

Keep Me updated and I would love to help you anytime in coming future.

Good Day!!

M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 11 hours later
Hello Dr Savaskar,
I have tried to email you but the email address did not go through,
Would you please send your email address to me again
Mine is YYYY@YYYY
Many thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Left Leg Pain with Spinal Stenosis at L4/L5 with Facet hypertrophy

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Left Leg Pain with Spinal Stenosis at L4/L5 with Facet hypertrophy

Hi,Thanks for the updates.Due to very hectic day today,I could not attend to your mail.
Don't worry,I would give another mail for your perusal-
YYYY@YYYY .
You can login your request in details with your case history.
I asked My Coordinator to send intro mail soon,to YOU.
Hope to interact soon.

Will appreciate You,to write excellent feedback comments,to help the needy patient visitors to HCM at MY clinic.

Good Day!!
Dr.Savaskar M.N.
M.S.Genl-CVTS XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T