• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe hair loss

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: after joining gym hairfall has increased drastically. I am not following any crash diet. hair becomes dry n dull.frizziness has increased. I have some stress issues also. any oil does not suit to me as increase hairfall.
i am taking adgain capsules b-12 tablet and cod liver capsules daily. I wash my hair in every two days gap.
other then this is there anything I can do?
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
alopecia

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM and I do understand your concern

With such a presentation in my clinic, I would first suggest few lifestyles and natural advice like this:-

1)Eat a nutritionally balanced diet and add a multivitamin caps regularly

2)Try to avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, buns, or ponytails.

3)Avoid compulsively twisting, rubbing, or pulling of hair

4)Treat your hair gently when washing and brushing. A wide toothed comb may help prevent pulling out hair.

5)Avoid harsh treatments such as hot rollers, curling irons, hot oil treatments etc

6)Do check all your medication history to know if any drug is responsible for it.

7)You can use medication like [Minoxidil]and it is a OTC medication and you can rub it on your scalp two times a day to prevent further hair loss.

Regarding joining Gym I may say that sudden weight loss or heavy exercise is also a cause of hair loss as well as mental stress so try to avoid it as far as possible and do take all medications as before.

Hope that helps, Please let me know if you have any further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo