Suggest treatment for severe gastric pain and constipation

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 17 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: hello sir,

My wife is pregnant and is at the end of 6month and beginning of 7th. today she had a severe gastric pain in the upper abdomen so her doctor gave her a rentac injection which has relived her. Now I just want to know whether it is safe to take Pixit, contains Sodium picosulphate after the injection, recommened for her constipation.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, safe to take

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. Rantac is ranitidine which is given to relieve gastric reflux and thus relieve upper abdominal pain.
Sodium picosulphate is safe to take after rantac injection, and is completely safe in pregnancy.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Please do get back for further queries.
Wishing you both good health.
Dr Deepti Verma