Suggest treatment for severe back pain in an elderly person
take rest , use painkillers and muscle relaxants. avoid exertion
I am dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and I will be answering your query. I have read and understood your health concerns.
What is your weight? Do you have urinary incontinence and weakness in legs?
At the outset, losing weight would not cause pain / back pain. Contrarily, you should aim to keep your weight according to height.
Disc prolapse is concerned, all you need is to stay calm. This may be the cause of back pain. Do complete bed rest for two weeks any avoid any exertion like bending forward.
There is need to get your physical examination. X ray And MRI of lumbosacral spine should be done to determine exact site.
If I am your attending physician I will prescribe you painkillers like acetaminophen 500 mg three times a day along with muscle relaxants like thiocholchicoside 2 mg at night. Bed rest is must.
Indigestion and gas issues are not due to weight loss either. In light of MRI report I will decide whether to go for surgery or not.
Stay calm and meet orthopedic surgeon.
Hope it helps
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
vaginal prolapse needs intervention
Welcome at HCM
I appreciate your follow up.
As far as vaginal prolapse is concerned , it has to be examined clinically for the grade. Normally surgical intervention is needed yo fix it.
There are other options like ring pessary for mild cases.
Stay calm and avoid exertion, particularly straining. If you are having asthma it need to be treated first.
Stay calm and use acetaminophen to relieve pain.
You need to be examined by your gynaecologist..
Hope it helps
Dr Saad Sultan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain radiating to head
- Endometriosis and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Relief for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Sudden severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain
- What causes thick yellowish coating on tongue and dry throat?
- What causes intermittent shooting pain in arm after applying pressure?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes on left side of neck
- What causes severe fatigue in children?
- What causes increase in body temperature and heaviness in head?
- Suggest remedy for pain and redness on earlobe caused by an infection
- Suggest treatment for lower right-sided pain in buttocks causing painful...
- What causes swelling of the foreskin with fluid?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold, post-nasal drip, body pain and...
- Suggest diet plan for a diabetic with high BP and hypothyroidism