• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe anxiety

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: hello i suffer from anxiety disorder can it harm my health in anyway ?

can i loose control of my self and pass out ?

are the symptoms i feel harmful ot just symptoms that pass as they always do ?

is it a chemical imbalance and mental illness or behavioural thing ?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Anxiety is a mental disorder that is not dangerous and can be treated very effectively. You will not faint or pass out in any way, even though it feels like this sometimes. You need treatment, either with an antidepressant medication such as Lexapro or Zoloft, or with weekly psychotherapy such as CBT. This will make your symptoms better.

Dr Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 39 minutes later
i am talking currently lexapro 20 mg but it is not effective my i will see my doctor in 2 weeks shall i ask him to change meds ?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
If you have been on Lexapro 20mg for more than 4 weeks, then yes, it is time to switch medications. I suggest trying Zoloft.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 5 days later
hello my doctor added to my cipralex 20mg wellbutrin 150 XL does it help ?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Yes, Wellbutrin XL 150mg is a standard medication and standard dose that can often augment the Cipralex very well. I agree with this suggestion by your doctor and think it will help you.

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist