Suggest treatment for severe anal itching with mild fever

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My problems started around 6 months before…I noticed severe itching in anal region and later noticed black coloured stools…later got burning sensation in my stomach and in early morng slight temperature and mild fever like symptoms… I noticed reddish patch in stomach and mild itching also…stool slight loose…
I checked my stool for worms but its negative…
I consult a doctor he given BIFILAC for 5 days along with some antibiotic and my problems completely solved for 3 month…
Later I got the same …first stool coloured black followed by burning sensation in stomach and mild fever like symptom in early morning…but this time no severe itching in anal region…itching mild notice only after passing stool for few seconds only….
This time also took BIFILAC only and stool colour back as yellow….but when I stopped medicine it came black….
Then I took some ayurvedic medicines then also I got relief but when medicine stopped and eats some non veg foods and cold water I got burning sensation and black coloured stools and it slightly loose…now also I took some ayurvedic medicine burning sensation somewhat subsided but colour of stool is black…
Pls prescribe some medicines to correct this problem…
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly post the picture of the black stool

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Black tarry sticky offensive stool usually indicates bleeding in the upper GI tract. It is called Malena.

Kindly post the picture of your black stool so that we can know whether it is Malena or not.

Dr.R.K
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 24 hours later
1 - sample collected yesterday night
2 &3 - samle collected today morning ...here partly black colour...some times this colour change to full black associated with burning sensation in stomach...it will came back to normal and again repeating the same....

first sample normal may be do to i took ayurvedic medicine....yesterday...is Helicobacter pylori or any other parasites shall cause this issue?because now i not seen any problems? it will come suddently and goes away...is Helicobacter pylori or any other parasites shall cause this issue?because now i not seen any problems? it will come suddently and goes away...
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nexium

Detailed Answer:
I saw the pictures. The stool appears normal only. The partial dark color is not a thing to be worried about. The color of the stool is influenced by the type of food you take.

Only if it very black as tar, sticky, foul smelling, then internal bleed should be suspected and endoscopy should be done to find the source of bleed.

The burning sensation could be due to acidity. You can take Nexium once daily before food for relief.

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 18 hours later
ok thank you...
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
.