• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe abdominal cramps and brown stringy vaginal discharge

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I am 45 with fibroids. I have a period every month. with a flow for 5 days, heavy for 2. about 3-4 days after i get cramping, small blood clots and brown stringy discharge. then on my days of ovulation thick clear discharge. what can I do about this. one fibroid is in the front, the other is in the back.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be surgically removed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The fibroids can cause a heavy bleeding cramping or discomfort in the lower abdomen if these are large. if you have a very heavy bleeding or cramps or heaviness in the lower abdomen then you can get the fibroids removed surgically. Otherwise it will gradually reduce to some extent after menopause.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN