Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on back
Chronic infection ,need treatment
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed either a chronic folliculitis or a sebaceous cyst .
You need to keep the affected area clean and dry . Apply a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected area twice daily . You might a course of oral antibiotics if the lesion tends to persist or increase.
Take some oral anti inflammatory agent like ibuprofen or paracetamol along if there is any pain .
The lesion should heal in sometime ,however if it still tends to persist you might either need oral antibiotics or get it removed .
Avoid rubbing or scratching the lesion .
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
More like a chronic infection
Thanks for the pictures and details
The lesion looks more like a chronic folliculitis lesion .
Such lesions usually tend to heal with proper treatment . Incomplete treatment is the cause of persistent lesions or recurrence.
You can start treatment as advised.
You might need a course of oral antibiotics like azithromycin if the infection tends to persist .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sebaceous cyst on back of neck
- Sebaceous cyst back of head
- Sebaceous cyst back
- Sebaceous cysts on lower back
- Treatment of labial sebaceous cyst
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Sebaceous cyst treatment
- Infected sebaceous cyst on back
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst removal
- Infected sebaceous cyst treatment
- Unable to bend toe, nail bed is painful. Active runner. Had toe nail...
- Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of...
- Have penile inflammation with rep bumps, also had hives and sore bumps...
- Hypopigmented spot on cheek. Used to exfoliate daily. Could this be a...
- Have itchy keloids on chest. Any cure?
- Took treatment for keloids on face. How long should it be continued?
- Have itching on face, ears and nose. Having small indentations and white...
- Have recurrent lump on back of scalp and around genitals. On...
- Got sunburn on shoulders and legs. Can this lead to kidney problem?
- Child has rash on chest, back, neck, no sign of hives or itching,...