question-icon

Suggest treatment for runny nose

Posted on Fri, 8 May 2015
Question: Hi Doc I have a problem with my nose It feels like it is running abut it also feels like I was crying and I have to work in a few hours how can I get it to stop please help me?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty (10 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Vasomotor rhinitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

The symptoms described by you seems to be related to vasomotor rhinitis.

You would require intranasal steroid spray such as Fluticasone or Momentasone. Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine and oral antihistamine. Oral antihistamine (such as fexofenadine) and oral decongestants are available OTC. Steroid nasal spray may require a physician's prescription.

Do steam inhalation and drink plenty of warm water.

Hope I have answered the query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty

ENT Specialist