Suggest treatment for rosacea

Dr. R.G. Joshi

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir/ ma'm,
I am suffering from Rosacea and my skin has gone dark Red below Lips and around nose and it itches a little too.
I have tried various medicines and have shown to various doctors, so far haven't got solution.
Please help
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
treatment under dermatologist guidance.

Detailed Answer:
Hello,Thanks for writing to health care magic.I can understand your concern.

I hope diagnosis of rosecea is made by a dermatologist and not by you.

Treatment which you have received till now is non specific in my opinion.

Rosecea is a chronic disease and it requires long term treatment.A course of oral antibiotics, such as tetracyclines, topical metrogyl etc will help. Now a days vascular lasers are also effective in rosecea. It will be better to consult a dermatologist and start treatment under his guidance.

I will advise you to stop betnovate-gm cream as it can worsen the condition. Avoid sun exposure as far as possible. Use mild face cleansers instead of soaps. Eating spicy foods can aggravate this condition and it will be better to stop these foods as far as possible.

I hope this will help you.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj