Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
172 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for redness and inflammation in the penis

Answered by
Dr. Rahul Kumar


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 6300 Questions

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Men's Health
Question: penis is red and inflamed -- a doctors aid said it is fungus and prescribed "ketoconazole" which is not working - could it be a yeast infection?not a follow up but additional --- some swelling of foreskin; tender to touch;
when will i receive diagonis?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use antifungal medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Fungal infection is same as yeast infection.
It is the commonest infection of foreskin.
You need treatment with combination of oral and topical antifungal medication.
Oral fluconazole 150 mg per week for 2 weeks and ointment clotrimazole to be applied twice daily for two weeks gives good relief.
It is safe and effective.
You can try this.
Try to keep the area clean.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Topical antifungal

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is...

doctor1 MD

I was having itching in my areas involving touching such as thighs, underarms and it was causing sour smell, so i asked one of the doctors here and...