• question-icon

Suggest treatment for redness and inflammation in penis post unprotected oral sex

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello,

I am a 27 year old male. About 30 minutes ago, I engaged in unprotected oral sex with a new woman for about 10 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of manual stimulation. About 10 minutes after, I noticed my meatus was red and inflamed, but what is worrying me is a tiny white bump on the inside of the meatus. It is not painful and I do not have pain while urinating. I also did not experience pain while ejaculating. I know from a laymans knowledge that symptoms of an STD cannot show up this quickly but it concerns me. I suppose it could be irritation from the oral sex and manual stimulation. I am simply worried about something more serious. I can provide a photo.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care. No worries

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Urethral meatus reddening with in 30 minutes of unprotected coitus and oral coitus is not STD related and its likely attributed to the friction common rough unprotected coituses and oral involvement.
However as coitus was unprotected , status of the partner should be confirmed to rule out any STD and get treated prophylactically in case any positive history.
Till then, rest for a while, no coitus till full recovery folowed by good coital habits, maintain good hygiene and apply some hydrocortisone cream over the red area for the relief. you may take se tylenol as well for the pain.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
Regards XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan