Suggest treatment for red spots on penile shaft

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I have for the last 3 month's or so had this red blotch on the shaft of my penis at times it has a stinging sensation . It just appeared and i just assumed it was nothing and would eventually go away. I have not had sex or any sexual contact for a long period of time. So is there any input you can give me . If it continues i will make an appointment with my DR
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
friction rub with clothes, dermatitis, balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.

Presently is it present, if so kindly upload the picture.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis, excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis.
You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove or dermadew.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination, for exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor.
Hope this helps.
Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D