Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for recurrent vaginal yeast infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 613 Questions
Hi my name is XXXX,
My question is for Gyno. For past 4 years I been having yeast infection almost every month and I been visiting my Gyno regularly they keep giving me flukonazole but it seems that it is not working because it keeps coming back. I did all the tests and everything is ok. On my last check up they told me to take probiotic. Is there anything else that i can do because it is really among. Thank you in advance.

Wed, 16 May 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 5 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
From the history it looks like you are having a mixed infection.
Antifungal alone may not be enough.Are you SEXUALLY active? If so need to treat your partner simultaneously and no sex for 2 weeks during the treatment.
Get a speculum examination by a GYNAECOLOGIST to see inside and partner evaluation is useful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor