Suggest treatment for recurrent cold and fever

Dr. Shashi Dangwal

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi dr....

I fall sick frequently every 2 months...every year atleast once I admit in hospital with cold n fever....I wanted to gain my weight too. I am 27 yrs n 55kgs now....Please advise what I should do and which Multivitamin n protien tabs are good for me...Can I take zest syrup...? IF yes how to use...
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
First go in for a complete health check.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

You say that you fall sick very often. I would like to know if you have had a full health check up anytime recently. I suggest you go for a complete health check up which should include routine blood test, blood sugar and thyroid profile.

You have mentioned that you had jaundice in the past. What type of jaundice was it?

If every thing is alright you should take a healthy balanced diet with enough proteins, fruits vegetables and some health supplements like vitamins and micronutrients which I see that you are already taking in the form of zest syrup. You may take a teaspoonful 2 times a day. Proteins can be taken in the form of eggs, poultry, meat and fish or you may take some protein supplements like protinex.

You must avoid any addiction in the form of smoking and alcohol. Avoid junk food and do some form of physical exercise.

I am sure these measures will keep you healthy and help you in gaining some weight.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj