Owl Image

Suggest treatment for recurrence of period after taking I-pill

Question
I have regular periods, cycle is 27 to 28 days lasts for 5 days normally. Because of a trip I ate primolute N for 3-4 days and after leaving the medicine got my periods on 7th July, this was a little lighter than usual period. I had protected intercourse with my husband on 13th July, unfortunately the condom broke and I had i-pill around 4 hours later.
Somehow, i started bleeding today and the quantity was not too much but it was enough to stain. It seems to have stopped now. Is all ok, or should I consult a doctor?
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Attributed to Primolut

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear thanks for trusting health care magic.
This derangement of cycle and alteration of flow is all due to Primolut intake.
It contains progesterone which helps in delaying the onset of periods, decreases blood loss and also affects ovulation in next cycle at times.
So the light periods you got on 7th July were due to the effect of Primolut.
And in this cycle this mild spotting is due to the effect of i pill (which is a progesterone too) superimposed on leftover effect of Primolut.
Just relax and wait for your periods to commence and in case there is some derangement you can discuss with me anytime 24×7 on health care magic.
All the best.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for recurrence of period after taking I-pill 4 hours later
Hi Doctor,

The mild bleeding that started today has become like a normal period now. Is it ok to get a period in 14 days (I got my last period on 7th July).
Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to Primolut

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX, yes it can happen.
It is due to the effect of Primolut and I pill.
This derangement is commonly seen after progesterone intake and can have effect to a maximum of two months.
Just wait for your next cycle which can also be a little early or little delayed.
After that you will resume your normal pattern.
All the best.
In case you have other questions you can contact me directly on health care magic.