Suggest treatment for rashes on wrist and elbow
Answer few questions and upload the photos
Welcome to HCM..
You said you have rash on wrist and elbow without any discomfort. And there is reddish small pimple like lesions on the chest. This is very short history to reach to the conclusion.
So, I would like to ask few questions...
- duration of the rash?
- please suggest exactly which areas are involved...
- do you have mild or severe burning sensation?
- please describe the rash.. Patch,elevated,reddish,skin colored,vesicular, papular, oozing,crusted,scaly,dry..etc
-any other area involved
-any other disease like DM,blood diseases,renal diseases,heart diseases..etc?
-any medicine you take?
-past history of any disease?
-family history of any disease?
Please answer above queries and upload the photos of affected areas.
Wishing you good health..
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answer to Dr. Patal's questions.
Duration- Redness on wrist first noticed on Monday April 20.
Stomach rash noticed Tuesday April 21.
Areas involved- The skin on top of left arm near wrist. The inside of both arms
at the creases. The belly area on left side below the rib cage.
Burning sensations- None
Describe rash- Roughly one inch square red patch not elevated) on wrist. In crooks of arms are red patches (elongate). Belly area has red rash with papulars.
No other areas known at this time.
Medical- Heart bypass surgery in 1995.
Medicines- Lovastatin, actonel, benicar hct, atenolol, tramadol nexium, testim 1%.
Family history- Cancer and heart trouble.
Unable to send photo.
Senile purpura most probably
Thanks for answering. I read history you gave. I can understand your concern for reddish rash. You do not have itching or burning. And the patches are reddish and flat.
This much history suggest asymptomatic lesions of ecchymoses. This may be called purpura. The reason would be most probably age factor..old age. And that is why it may be called senile purpura. The other cause may be pain killer you use..tramadol, so please stop tramadol after consulting your physician. Still, the rash is benign and harmless..so do not worry.
I would suggest as follow...
- tab vitamin C 500 mg thrice a day
- vitamin K containing tab like tab orsi- k or stic
- thrombophob oint application on patches
The rash may become brownish and then black..then might fade and disappear. However, it might relapse. Please avoid injuries,rubbing and scratching.
However, you consult dermatologist and have firm diagnosis.
I hope this would help you in managing your problem.
Still..any query, you are welcome.
Wishing you healthy life..
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for hard painful lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for itching in handsknucklesfacechest and elbows
- Suggest treatment for itching on elbows
- Suggest treatment for tennis elbow
- Suggest treatment for painful bruise on the elbow
- Suggest treatment for dry and pigmented elbow skin
- Suggest treatment for injured painful elbow
- Suggest treatment to remove cyst on wrist
- Suggest treatment to cure an open lump on elbow
- Suggest treatment for pain in elbows