• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rash on the thigh and pinched nerve

Posted on Thu, 7 May 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Hi I put my back out two days ago it felt as if I had pinched a nerve. I had my back put back in at my chiropractor yesterday now Iv come up in a bad rash on my upper left thigh leading up to my lower back do you think this is assioated with my back been out pain has moved down from back to upper thigh and is still quiet sore
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to better understand what exactly has happened here

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would like to understand a few of your statements better, and so please elaborate on what exactly :your back being out' means? Does this mean you suffered a dislocation at any particular joint? If yes, then which one?

+And the chiropractor put back the displaced joint? How?

+Is he a trained and licensed chiropractor?

+Does he have any education on the human anatomy? Where which blood vessel lies? Because if he doesn't then I would not trust him with my body, and allow him to go about any such procedures.

The chiropractor may or may not have injured any particular blood vessel in the region, or may have caused nerve entrapment (pinched nerve), or the mere trauma caused by the procedure of 'putting your back in'.

Please forgive my skepticism about the procedure and capabilities of all such personnel, as I do not take any displacements lightly, especially not around the back region and neither should anyone else.

I look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further. Please do write back to me with a little more information on the questions I have so I can better understand what could have possibly happened, thank you sir.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan