Suggest treatment for racing heart with history of cardiomyopathy

Cardiologist
Question
Hi I am 35 female diagnosed two months aago with dilated cardiomyopathy with an ejection fraction of 20. I am on 2.5mg of bisoprolo, 40mg frusemide, 12.5mg aldactone, 1.25mg ramipril.
Can't manage any more doses as bp is too low ? I am not carrying any weight.
I have now been experiencing the past six weeks. Racing heart rhythm so fast on one side of breast and the left side of breast a thump sensation followed by pure chaotic fast heart racing sensationttrembling heart like its shivering followed by a dull ache but nothing as shown on a monitor ... why is this ?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the answer below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
and thank you for asking to HCM!

What you are experiencing is due to heart failure. Unfortunately your ejection fraction is very low and this is associated with dyspnea, fatigue, palpitation and ventricular arrhythmia.

I recommend to run ECG Holter monitoring to exclude major and minor arrhythmias.

If you were my patient and if your systolic BP was greater than 110 mmHg; i will try to increase very gradually the dose of bisoprolol to help control tachycardia and arrhythmia (first to 3.175 mg).

Hope this answered your query.
Dr. Benard
p.s If you have more queries about your disease don't hesitate to ask me again.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for racing heart with history of cardiomyopathy 6 hours later
Thank you dr.
Just now I was woken from.my sleep with a trembling shaking heart and a pain dowm my left arm.. I was asleep ony right side . Nothing was captured on Holter up to now nothing major has been caught on Holter. Why am I having this shaking heart sensation where I feel a dull ache after and a tightening on my chest and still nothing on Holter.
Please help
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Good predictor if Holter shows nothing...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXXXXX

All what you are experiencing is due to heart failure. I am glad to know that Holter monitoring did not show anything major, this predicts a good prognosis. When arrhythmia is present, the prognosis is not good.

Hope you will not have further arrhythmia problems! All the best!
Dr.Benard