• question-icon

Suggest treatment for psychosis

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: My son is 32 and is convinced while he was bullyed by gang members that he was incerted with a Nano Microchip. Is this possible. He says he is still being controlled and is afraid
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He seems to be Havubg a serious mental. Illness

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for using Healthcare Magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Your son seems to be suffering from a serious mental illness called psychosis. People having psychosis often report such things that chops have been inserted and that they are being watched on and are being controlled. He would require an urgent consultation with a doctor preferably a psychiatrist who can strat him on antipsychotics, preferably olanzapine or risperidon. These would start working in 5-10 days and then he would do good.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 53 minutes later
Would he just have episodes are would these feelings happen on occasion.
He had spent the last two years incarcerated for theft. This is the first I heard of this. he is very convincing that no one believes him. He thinks it is very real
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He requires treatment t

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Convincing a patient of psychosis doesn't help.
He requires treatment. Start the treatment and he would himself disown his thoughts after a few weeks.
This will be a few years treatment.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist