• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for psychosis

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: My son is 32 and is convinced while he was bullyed by gang members that he was incerted with a Nano Microchip. Is this possible. He says he is still being controlled and is afraid
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He seems to be Havubg a serious mental. Illness

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcare Magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Your son seems to be suffering from a serious mental illness called psychosis. People having psychosis often report such things that chops have been inserted and that they are being watched on and are being controlled. He would require an urgent consultation with a doctor preferably a psychiatrist who can strat him on antipsychotics, preferably olanzapine or risperidon. These would start working in 5-10 days and then he would do good.
Hope this helps,
In case if you have any further query do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 53 minutes later
Would he just have episodes are would these feelings happen on occasion.
He had spent the last two years incarcerated for theft. This is the first I heard of this. he is very convincing that no one believes him. He thinks it is very real
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He requires treatment t

Detailed Answer:
Convincing a patient of psychosis doesn't help.
He requires treatment. Start the treatment and he would himself disown his thoughts after a few weeks.
This will be a few years treatment.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Answered by
Dr. Srikanth Reddy


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 2770 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Olanzapine

doctor1 MD

My husband is on Zyprexa 15 mg. How long is the adjustment period for his body? He has been on it for a couple weeks and is sleeping 12 hours a...

doctor1 MD

ive been in touch with my doctor after developing hives all over my hands, wrists, arms, under my arms, buttocks, and the backs of thighs after a...

doctor1 MD

my son is 21 yrs old diagnosed with schizo-effecta and bi-polar disease and is takingc zyprexa 5mg PRN and 40mg every night on schedule, His PRN he...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I m bipolar, and we are switching me from 3 mg risperidone, to 10 mg olanzapine. I have been on risperidone for over 14 years, but was on...

doctor1 MD

My 26 yr old son was depressed at the beginning of th year and was prescribed prozac . This precipitated manic episode from mar-jun, during which...

doctor1 MD

my husband is in stage 4 of esophagus cancer he does not sleep at night morphine has had side effects hallucinations sleeping pills do not work...

doctor1 MD

In 2011 I went for hiv test I was told that I was positve after that I have done several test after 6 month, 2years and all the test showed...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Srikanth Reddy
  • Q - Had OCD and panic attack disorder. Taking zoloft and feeling weakness in...

  • Q - Have panic attacks and PVC. Bystolic helped but was put on Pristiq. Can...

  • Q - On abilify for mental problem. Having difficulty in sleeping. Suggest...

  • Q - Taking xanax for panic attacks and anxiety. Is memory loss common during...

  • Q - Child behaving weird after taking vyanse. Doctor reduced the dosage. How...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for Hep C

  • Q - Having bulging discs in neck. Feeling electrical shocks from back to...

  • Q - What are the causes of constant bruising?

  • Q - Panic attacks, loss of appetite and nausea. Blood test and head scan...

  • Q - Received spinal nerve block for severe pain. Developed spinal fluid leak...