Suggest treatment for profuse sweating while treating UTI

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I've have been sweating profusely. It just pouring off of me, I,'ve lost ten pounds in the past couple of months. I think I also caught a UTI.What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
Do you have any medical condition like diabetes?
You are under stress now and it can be one of the reasons.
If you have a UTI and are running a fever, you can sweat as the fever leaves you. When was your menopause? Were you on HRT any time? Did you have similar sweating at the time of menopause.
You could get a urine examination done to see what treatment would be advisable for UTI. Also get a CBC and ESR done as a preliminary to see if you require further investigations.
Do get back to me with your results.