Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Premature Ejaculation
Question: Hi
I am XXXXXXX 28 years old. I have problem of Premature ejaculation, even i ejaculate after 2-5 strokes. Most of time, i ejaculate before intercourse. I donot have any other problem. Erection and hardness is good. Yesterday, i consulted sexologist he prescribes me following tablets:
1. Feliz s 5
2. Feliz s 10
3. Symbal 20
4. clonil 10
5. Tadalafil 5 tablet for 4 months after 2 days gap (after dinner)

I came to know all these are antidepressants tablets and have various side effects. Can these tablets help me in reducing PE and safe for use?
Age 28years
weight 62kg
height 5.8ft
In my childhood, i had surgery of inguinal hernia on right side.
I am very worried about PE.

My bp when yesterday checked: 80/110
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
choice of drugs is not appropriate for PE.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
Welcome to HCM.

I understand your concerns.

In my opinion, the drugs are not appropriate for premature ejaculation.
I will explain you why.

Antidepressants are given in premature ejaculation because they are known to delay ejaculation (one of their side effect which is used for therapeutic purpose).

Feliz S is escitalopram and not used in premature ejaculation.

Symbal is duloxetine. In recent studies, it has been shown to be beneficial in PE, but not used frequently.

Clonil is clomipramine and not used in PE.

All these are antidepressants, however.
These can cause gastritis, nausea, dizziness, constipation. But these effects are short-lived.

Tadalafil is used for erection problem. Not needed in your case as your erection is good.

The antidepressants which are specifically used in PE are paroxetine and dapoxetine.
These drugs can also cause drowsiness and nausea in some cases but again, these effects are short lived.

So, I would suggest you to talk to your doctor about these issues and plan your treatment accordingly.

Other then drugs, you should do kegels exercises to strengthen pelvic muscles.
This will also help in PE.

Hope you find my suggestions helpful.

Feel free to ask further.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 24 hours later
Dear Doctor

Thank you so much for your advice. I will not take all these medicines for my treatment. I was already in doubt for the medicines prescribed by doctor.

Dear sir, i will follow your advice and will do kegel exercise. Is there any medicine , which will have permanent effect without any side effect.

will it be any suitable to use unani/ayurvedic medicines for PE treatment. This is the first time, i am going for the treatment.
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dapoxetine/paroxetine are very effective and have mild side effects.

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.

The drug dapoxetine and paroxetine are relatively safe as it has short half life in body.
However, there can be no drug without side effects.
But there side effects are mild and short lasting.
In my opinion, its safe to take either of these drugs.
You will not need the drug for life-long.

I am not sure about unani/ayurvedic medicines for this problem as I am not the expert in that field.
But some products like tentex forte (by himalaya) are claimed to have beneficial effects in such problems.
Its better to consult the specialist in respective branch.

I wish you good health.

Kindly close the discussion if you are satisfied with the response and give your valuable feedback.

Thanks.
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist