Can sertranil tablets trigger the psoriasis on palm?

My wife aged 52 years is suffering from psoriasis on her palm from past 09 months or so. Also she is suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder for which she is taking sertranil-250 mg tablets daily from past 12 months as advised by Doctors at NIMHANS , Bangalore. She is also using Lobate ointment for her psoriasis ad advised by skin specialist. I am of the apprehension that may be sertranil tablets might have triggered psoriasis which she is using from past 12 months. Earlier she used to take Clomipramine-25 mg tablets from past 12 years for her OCD . Please suggest any other remedies available.
Tue, 8 Jun 2021

No unwanted side effect of psoriasis has been documented with use of Sertraline tablet. Of course, some rare side effects of dermatitis, urticaria, erythema, pruritus have been seen with its use in the range of. Still, if you want to switch over to other anti-depressive or / and anxiolytic, that should be done under guidance of your doctor.

When switching to a new drug, never switch over directly, rather switch over in a gradually tapering manner, in such a way, so that the dose of to be discontinued drug is gradually decreased and of new drug is gradually increased every 7-10 days titrating the effects and tolerability of drug / drugs, till the process of switch over is complete.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Diwashish Biswas 's  Response

No, sertraline has nothing to do with skin condition. So continue Sertraline. For skin condition, again visit dermatologist.

Dr. Diwashish Biswas, Internal Medicine Specialist