• question-icon

Suggest treatment for OCD, anxiety and ADHD

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: I have OCD , ADHD, anixiety, and a lot of the time I have no interest in anything and feel tired all day long what is this from
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The medicines should be changed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts

I can understand your concern. You have OCD, ADHD and anxiety disorder. OCD in a lot of individuals result in significant anxiety and distress. This result in development of co-morbid depression. This is the reason for your lack of interest in anything, tiredness and persistent anxiety.

You are currently of Cymbalta and if even while on this drug you are not able to get relief from symptoms then the medicines should be changed. For persistent OCD serotonergic drugs like SSRIs are commonly used. Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine etc are more specifically used in OCD and comorbid depression. I personally prefer to use Fluoxetine. Apart from this augmentation can be done with drugs like Clomipramine. So changing the therapy from Cymbalta to Fluoxetine and Clomipramine will definitely help to reduce your persistent symptoms. You can talk with your psychiatrist for the drug change I have mentioned.

In addition to medicinal treatment, psychological treatment especially Behaviour therapy can be utilised for persistent OCD symptoms. Depending upon your OCD symptoms Exposure and response prevention, systematic desensitisation, thought stopping modalities can be utilised for OCD.

So please pay a visit to your psychiatrist and discuss about these drugs.

Thanks and Take care
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist