• question-icon

Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation for 6 to 7 months

Posted on Wed, 12 Jun 2019 in General Health
Question: I m 37 year old male from XXXXXXX From past 6 to 7 months i m facing the problem of premature ejaculation while doing sexual activity. I takes hardly few seconds for ejaculation which creates lot of problem for me and my partner. should we meet personally to your clinic or we get solution from this platform .
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow below steps.

Detailed Answer:

Premature ejaculation is a very common and treatable problem. Premature ejaculation is diagnosed when ejaculation time is less than 3 mins, or both partners are not satisfied with sex.

Premature ejaculation (PE) is common problem and depends on multiple factors like:
*Psychological factors: most common. The psychological factors may include stress, performance anxiety and depression.

*Medical causes: Reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, infection of uro-genital system, excessive alcohol use and neurological causes.

Following steps will be helpful for treatment:

- Treatment of above conditions (if present) after examination.

- Wash penis with soap after retracting skin back during bath. It will improve hypersensitivity of penis.

- Start jogging in morning for 20-30 minutes daily, as it reduces performance anxiety and improve blood circulation.

- Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

- Do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have. Conversation with partner during sex also delays ejaculation.

- Stop-start technique- In stop start technique, near ejaculation stop all movements, relax and think about something else. Then wait for 1 minute before starting movements. According to number of stops, ejaculation time will come under your control.

- Squeeze- pause technique: squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

- In many people, woman on top position increases ejaculation time, so try this position and experiment with other positions also.

- Condoms with desensitizing creams help in increasing ejaculation time.

- As you are newly married 6 months back, then you also need to know that ejaculation time also increases with experience in sex.

Follow all these methods regularly and your problem will solve in a few weeks.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist