• question-icon

Suggest treatment for phlegm congestion in the lungs and chest

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I have a lot of phlem on my lungs and chest that is not going away for a week and i have no time to go to a dr , any recomendation ?
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic may be needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

I would strongly recommend you to do a chest X Ray and a CRP blood test to detect any inflammatory situation of the lungs.

What is the cause of this phlegm we should know.

Its been one week now and probably a bacterial super infection might have happened and antibiotics are needed (like Claritromycin twice ).
But after having the above results your doctor will advice you further for the right treatment.

Please discuss with your doctor for the above or you can attach me the results and we will discuss again.

I wish you a fast recovery

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist