Suggest treatment for persistent knee pain during the night post delivery
Prolonged pain therapy
Gone through the query and reports. Nothing is evident with the reports with the cause of pain.
Your wife should be suffering from severe pain this is evident with pain during rest/night. This is closely seen in bursitis or patellar tendinitis or may be Temporary Osteoporosis. It would have been good if you have described about the pain the location, what aggravates and what reduces the pain etc.
However I try to help with whatever is available
1) Your wife needs prolonged pain therapy at least two to three weeks with medications like DICLOFENAC slow release or MR tablet (or any modified release pain killer) at night which will slowly release the medicine at night and keep the pain away althrough the night. This pain killers should be taken only after meal.
2) She has to take hot water therapy with bag at least four times a day more towards the night.
3) Avoid all the movements that increase pain
4) Should not sit on the floor or climb stairs
5) Calcium supplements because of temporary osteoporosis during pregnancy and lactation.
6) An antacid along with pain killer like Zinetac 150mg is necessary to control the gastritis associated with long pain killer use.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Knee pain treatment
- Injection treatment for knee pain
- Arthritis treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- My persistant knee pain any advice or insight
- Anterior knee pain treatment
- Knee pain treatment at home
- Meniscus knee pain treatment
- What causes persistent knee pain