Suggest treatment for persistent headache

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Alternative Medicine
Question: I am having headache problem when ever i woke up early in the morning and it lasts up to evening[10-12hrs] despite of taking pain killers like desprin/seridon, its not happening daily but happening once in a month or once in 3 months for the last few years. I have tested my eye power every six months and its not changed, same issue is there with my wife she is also experiencing the same.

Could you please let me know the reason for the same like is it due to stomach is not clear despite passing stool every morning or some other cause as the headache normally exists ode side of the head either left or right side.

Please provide the correct line of treatment along with the duration for the medicine that both myself & wife can take.
Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
symptomwise approach

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following protocol is followed by me in every patient with headache:

A. In every patient of headache, one must test the following signs, as routine:

1. Check Blood Pressure: and control hypertension (if present)
2. Check sinus tenderness over sinuses, and look for any focus of infection in teeth,tonsil & ears.
3. Check tenderness on nape of neck or pain on neck movements.
4. Check with blood sugar level.
5. Is there any Neurological sign (weakness of limbs or nerves)?
6. Does the Headache preceded by "aura"? and is it associated with vomiting and visual disturbances? (Migraine headache is characterised by one sided severe headache lasting for several hours with interval of complete freedom).

Do revert back with your clarifications for further necessary assistance.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Answer needede by homeopath not ayurveda.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
second instance

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back.

Nowhere in your history there is mentioning of any speciality, thus if someone do gives due consideration to your answer you should proceed further or check with the Technical Team of HCM who are sole responsible for this.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 17 hours later
I hope the technical team/HCM team must not have seen and forward the request wrongly as i had selected the "User Selected Specialty: Homeopath".
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ayurveda Management

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for reverting back.

1. I will furnish dietary management only and for medicine aspect you may consult a Homeopath.

Take: black gram, brinjal XXXXXXX garlic, pomegranate, black grapes, coconut water, milk,head massage (shirodhara) and rest (mental)

Avoid: pigeon pea,green gram,peas,jamun, bitter gourd,heavy (junk/fast) food, excess physical exertion,late nights,tomato,cheese, soybean,chocolates,fasting.

1. Grapes ( especially riped) are an effective home remedy. [ crush ripe grapes and drink, do not add water]

. Mix spinach and carrot juice in the ratio of 2:3 respectively. Alternatively mix beetroot juice and carrot juice in the ratio 1:3.

. Put 2-3 drops of coconut water into nose.
. Apply garlic pod paste on forehead.
. Ryn onion paste to opposite feet.
. Take:
Boric acid- Ghee- jaggery (early morning/empty stomach)

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad