Suggest treatment for persistent fever

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I had fever 5 days ago untill now , I Took many medicine but it not go.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
may be viral fever

Detailed Answer:
hi
Thanks for the query
According to your history you might be having viral flu. so takes nearly 1 week to go. you can continue tablet Paracetamol 500 mg twice daily morning and night for 2 more days if you are having fever.
Drink plenty of water
Take proper rest
if still fever continued after 2 days, meet nearest physician to rule out Dengue by NS1 antigen test, IgM antibody test.
No need to have antibiotics for viral fever.
If you have cold and cough, then you may need to take Antibiotics like Tab Azithromycin once daily for 3 days.

Dr Priyanka G Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj