Suggest treatment for persistent cold

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Dear Doctor,

I suffered from cold from last 7 days what I will do
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common cold

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
According to your history you are just having common cold, usually it is caused by Rhino virus. It lasts for 1 week.For few people it may extent to few more days.
If you have only cold take Tab Levocetrezine 10mg twice daily, morning and night after food for 3 days.
If you have fever you can take Tab Paracetamol 500mg during fever.
If you have cough with sputum you may need to take antibiotics Tab Azithromycin 500mg once daily for 3 days.
Drink filter/boiled water to prevent secondary bacterial infection.
Do steam inhalation twice daily

If you have any doubt you are welcome, otherwise kindly close the thread and rate it
Dt XXXXXXX G Raj

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj