Suggest treatment for persistent abdominal pain

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi, my name is XXXX, I have been suffering from abdominal pain for the past year. Sometimes it can start in my upper abdominal or my lower right side and it spreads to my left with lost of burning and tingling nausea constipation and it ends with diarrhea, it can last for a week it goes away and it comes Back. I went to my Dr. And she prescribe me pantoprazole I been taking daily for the past 3 months but notice the pain again it didn't help I tried taking ibuprofen for pain but it doesn't help at all. I returned to my Dr. She send me to have cat-scan and stool test to check for H. Pylori the result were ok everything was good. That was the month of March 2014 then the pain went away and felt it again in the month of July 1 2014 I went to the ER the pain was horrible they did blood work, cat-scan and was normal. They gave me something for the pain and was discharged I notice the pain symptoms last longer this time at night I couldn't sleep I was finding it difficult to pass gas and having trouble passing stool I finally felt a sleep and woke up because I couldn't breath I felt a tight feeling on my upper abdomen the ambulance rushed me to the ER they just did blood work and it was normal. I felt that I was going to die the pain last for a while a month with out the pain going away I made couple of trips to the ER because of the pain but they can't find what is causing the pain. At the ER they checked my gallbladder, liver, pancreas and my right kidney but everything was normal. I have notice I feel the pain on my intestines the most. My Dr. Is going to refer me to a gastroenterologist I just hope they can find was causing my pain am so worried because I feel that it's just getting worst. I want to know of any disease that it's close to my pain and symptoms or if I may need a upper endoscopy or colonoscopy?
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Colonoscopy advised...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am sorry for health problems you are facing now.

As you are reporting to have this pain ongoing for the last months (1 month with pain, the other ok); then, this makes me think over IBS. However, organic problems should be ruled out first. Colonscopy is the diagnostic test of choice in your case.

Next, can you please provide the abdominal ultrasound report as I need to know about the state of your ovaries. Sometimes, ovarian cysts might imitate the pain you have been experiencing until now. Further consultation with gynecologist is also advised.

For the moment, I advise to take ibuprofen or mephenamic acid for the pain until further consultation.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for persistent abdominal pain 55 minutes later
How can I provide the ultrasound report too you? Sorry Dr. I forgot to mention I also have a sour taste in my mouth almost daily.

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am waiting your US report..

Detailed Answer:
Hi again XXXXXXX

Sour taste in your mouth may be related with :
- biliary problems( sludge in biliary tree)
- GERD ( gastro esophageal reflux disease)

You can send ultrasound report attaching it to me at this site or via email YYYY@YYYY .
If you have other concerns I would be glad to assist you further.

Dr.Klerida