Suggest treatment for peptic ulcer

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: dull pain in stomach ,belching alot ,pain across bottom of ribs,father had ulcers could it be this
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes this can be an ulcer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Yes, this can be a peptic ulcer indeed. Especially if the pain starts after a meal and does not radiate to back. Nausea and lack of appetite can be also present.
If the pain radiates to the back also gallstones should be considered. In such case the pain is more to the right, fatty foods make the pain more intense.

I suggest you to consult your doctor. Abdominal ultrasound and blood work should be done at first. Gastroscopy should be second.
In a meanwhile please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, fried foods, coffee, alcohol, orange juices, chocolate.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.