Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in the leg

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: A friend has these thin brown lines that run down each leg from below the knee, just outside of center that run down to the ankles. the last 2 inches are squiggly , she also has the same colored half reverse C under her arms. Any idea what that could be. It began to show up within the last week.
No pain associated with this. She works outdoors as a Gardener. , so she is in the dirt a lot.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be parasitic infection, get clinical examination done

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I am Dr Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, a dermatologist.
I have gone through your complaints and seen the uploaded picture.
It seems to be a case of parasitic infection like cutaneous larva migrans.
The presentation of the rash along with her occupation favours it to be parasitic infection but I would recommend her to consult a dermatologist and get it examined clinically.
I need to ask her few questions:
Are these lesions migrating or advancing?
Are they associated with any itching?
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 46 minutes later
Not advancing, but mark under one arm is getting darker. There has been no itching to this point.
Brief Answer:
Pigmentary disorder other possibility

Detailed Answer:
Then the other possibility is some pigmentary disorder that is following the naevoid pattern.
Again can be confirmed on clinical examination.