Suggest treatment for palpitations and nausea

Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: waking up to heart racing and bad nausea?
I do have episodes of high bp too
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
An ECG is needed

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mrs,

If you have heart racing and bad nausea, then most probably you have arrhythmia. heart racing can cause nausea in some patients. If you have heart racing right now, you should refer to ER and perform an ECG. If you already don't have heart racing then you should refer to a cardiologist and perform a 24 hour ECG monitoring.
And if you are allergic to beta blockers, don't worry, there are other anti-arrhythmic medications as well.

Wishing you good health

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask

Follow up: Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 3 hours later
Thanku.
Is arrythmia dangerous? What are they causes by?
I also have occasional palpitations, are these related.. I have tiredness/lack of energy also
Answered by Dr. Lilit Baghdasaryan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Welcome back

Detailed Answer:
There are different types of arrhythmia. Both the cause and whether it is dangerous are depending on the type of arrhythmia. So on 24 hour ECG monitoring the type of arrhythmia may be found out. After your doctor may want to have some additional tests, such as echocardiography, thyroid tests, serum electrolytes etc, to be more precise.
Anyway, don't worry, if you haven't had loss of consciousness, it is not a very serious arrhythmia, you just need to be diagnosed to avoid further complications.

Wishing you a good health