Suggest treatment for painful swelling in the groin area
About 6 days ago I made love to my wife and when I ejaculated she must have clamped up and the ejaculation didn't feel right. Now I have a noticeable swollen area about 5 inches from my penis on my right side. It is painful to the touch. I'm worried that the sperm may have gone somewhere it is not supposed to go.
I could send you a picture if you wish. I am signed in on my wife email just FYI My name is XXXX
Just remembered these details. I have had no blood in my urine or semen.. I did make love and I ejaculated again but no blood. I did this to make sure it was working and to sort of clean out the pipes.
This is a real long shot but on XXXXXXX 10 I was in a freak accident, I was lifted up 8 feet and dropped breaking shoulder blade 10 ribs and 2 vertebrae. One required surgery.
I can't imagine the connection but it is information none the less.
Hello dear. The cause of this swelling are many and needs evaluation.
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. First of all please do not worry. I have seen the image and gone through the details that you have provided. Acutely developing painful swellings in the groin region are usually infective in nature, and thus this swelling may represent a node which is inflammed in response to an infection in the genital or anal area, A detail clinical examination is must to search for an occult source of infection.
another differentials for such swellings can be
1. Funiculitis--- inflammation of the spermatic cord
2. A hernia---You have history of being dropped from 8 feet thus raising pressure on abdomen
3. and in rare circumstances some sort of tumor(again do not worry, its just a rare possibility)
It is very rare that sperm may have gone there and cause such a big swelling.
You require detailed clinical examination followed by a local area ultrasonography to look for the cause.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove painful lump in the groin area
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Treatment and cure for Pain in my groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for itching in the groin
- Suggest treatment to reduce swelling of the groin
- Suggest treatment for sprained groin muscle
- Itch and pain on groin and testicles suggest treatment
- What is the treatment for pain in back and groin
- Treatment and cure for chronic groin pain