Suggest treatment for painful swelling in posterolateral corner of knee
Internal injury likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain after biking suggests that there is an internal injury in the knee joint. It can be a minor tear. Excessive stress has caused an increase in pain and inflammation.
You can apply a cold pack and give a complete rest to your knee. Avoid weight bearing on the knee and take mild pain killers. Do get an MRI scan done for proper diagnosis after getting it examined from an orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Can be meniscal tear.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be a meniscal type tear. MRI scan will help in proper confirmation. Continue using the knee brace and do not massage the area.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for frozen shoulder and knee pain
- Having tightnes with swelling and pain in the knee treatment
- Suggest treatment for knee pain relief
- Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in knees
- Constant knee pain swelling since partial knee replacement treatment suggestion
- Treatment for pain bruising swelling after knee injury
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to knee injury