Suggest treatment for pain under breasts

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I been having internal pain under my breast upper left side for a week now when I lay down on my left side its very painful have to switch to the right side when I am sitting is discomfort only when I stand does the pain stop
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will need some more information about your problem.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HCM to post your health query.

I will need to know some information about your breast pain, in order to give an accurate answer.
Do you see any redness in the area that hurts? Do you still have your period, and if yes when was the last one? Do you use any contraceptive method? When was the last time you did a breast ultrasound or a mammography? If you have any other information that may be helpful, please tell me.

Looking forward to your follow-up question.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 41 minutes later
No redness. Did not get period last month nor am I on my period now. Breast exam last year they send my letter when to schedule as visit. No birth control etc
Just pain when I laid on my left side or sit,
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible hormonal disbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow-up question.

From what I can understand you have had your period regular except these 2 months?
If this is the case, and you are sexually active, consider doing a pregnancy test.
If you are not sexually active, then the breast pain most probaby is due to a hormonal disbalance.
Pain is not sign of a cancer, so I don't think it is from a cancer, but you should still do regular mamograms, according to your country medical system recommandations.
Also, a mastitis, breast infection can give that type of pain, but it is very unlikely to happen in your age. If the painful area gets red, you should go to your local doctor to have it checked.

So for now its most possible to be from hormonal disbalance.
It may go away by itself. If it doesn't go away some options of treatments are Vit E, contraceptive pills, other hormonal pills.

Which one is best, will depend on your hormonal levels. I suggest you talk with your doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina