• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the left leg

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having extreme pain in my left leg from the top of my leg down to my ankle. The leg is bruise from the top of my thigh down to knee and some discoloration below the knee. The back of my knee is also bruised. My whole leg is painful. it is worse when I stand up to walk. I fell a couple of months ago and bruised the outer thigh pretty bad but could walk on it so I did not get is x-rayed. I have been to my doctor last Thursday and they did x-rayed it then and had a ultra sound but have not gotten and answer because of the 4th of July.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Spine disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

This could be due to nerve compression in the spine.

Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Get an MRI of the lumbosacral spine to look for canal stenosis and slip disc.

The Gabapentin can be increased to 600mg after discussing with your Doctor regarding effectiveness after increase in drug dose.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon