question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the groin and hip area

Posted on Tue, 19 Jul 2016
Question: I fell off a small 3 step ladder onto my hip. I got up right away and had no problem with weight bearing. Several days later I bent down to lift two heavy Gelato pans out of the bottom of a freezer and I was stooped in a weird position and I felt a pull in my groin and around my hip region. I work all day 7 days a week at my own Dessert shop business and am on my feet 9 hours a day. It has been 5 months and my hip still hurts. Is it possible that I have a fracture that I do not know about?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Yes,but not likely

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Well,it is possible to have unrecognized fracture especially if you have osteoporosis,but it is more likely that there was tendon or muscle injury,partial rupture of adductors or this fall triggered hip arthrosis.in every case you should do evaluation that include ultrasound and xrays and if there is sign of disorders that I 've mentioned,you should have good physical therapy. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (26 minutes later)
So, the treatment would be physical therapy?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (41 hours later)
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yes, hydrotherapy and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation and therapeutic ultrasound can be used. Surgery may be necessary in advanced stages of arthrosis.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon