Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for pain in the arch of the foot

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5770 Questions
I woke up yesterday with a pain in the arch of my foot. I have never had this kind of pain. It is very difficult to walk. I do not feel any lumps or bumps on the sole of my foot. Could this be a bone spur?
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult an orthpedist.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

As the foot arch supports the whole body weight, its pain can be related to the other parts of your body including knee or spine. If you tend to walk on one foot more than on the other one, this can be the indirect reason and the main reason can be located in the mentioned parts.
You may also suffer from plantar fascia inflammation. There might be a benign lesion on the foot called neuroma.
Bone spur usually causes heel pain, but it is somehow possible.
I suggest you to have an x-ray and ultrasound of this area and consult orthopedist.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor