Suggest treatment for pain in the arch of the foot

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: I woke up yesterday with a pain in the arch of my foot. I have never had this kind of pain. It is very difficult to walk. I do not feel any lumps or bumps on the sole of my foot. Could this be a bone spur?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult an orthpedist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

As the foot arch supports the whole body weight, its pain can be related to the other parts of your body including knee or spine. If you tend to walk on one foot more than on the other one, this can be the indirect reason and the main reason can be located in the mentioned parts.
You may also suffer from plantar fascia inflammation. There might be a benign lesion on the foot called neuroma.
Bone spur usually causes heel pain, but it is somehow possible.
I suggest you to have an x-ray and ultrasound of this area and consult orthopedist.

Hope this helps.
Regards.