Suggest treatment for chronic neck pain and intermittent pain behind the ear

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have severe headache, neck pain, low back pain, heel pain, hand wrist pain....this came on this afternoon , up to then had felt OK. I have chronic neck pain, and intermittent pain behind my right ear. I am 92 yrs old, female. Started taking xarelto in stead of aspirin for ad fib yesterday. I had flu shot 4 days ago. I feel as if pain in my arms and legs are bone not muscle pains. I felt fine yesterday...

I cannot follow these directions. It is too confusing to me, Please cancel my request. this is making things worse. thank you anyway
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Osteoporosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It appears that you may be suffering from generalized bone weakness or Osteoporosis.

Do get a DEXA Scan done to confirm. Also get some blood tests like Complete blood cell count, CRP, Anti CCP. Also get tested for Serum Vitamin D levels.

You can take Acetaminophen for the pain.

You need Vitamin D and Calcium supplements.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana