Suggest treatment for chronic neck pain and intermittent pain behind the ear

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have severe headache, neck pain, low back pain, heel pain, hand wrist pain....this came on this afternoon , up to then had felt OK. I have chronic neck pain, and intermittent pain behind my right ear. I am 92 yrs old, female. Started taking xarelto in stead of aspirin for ad fib yesterday. I had flu shot 4 days ago. I feel as if pain in my arms and legs are bone not muscle pains. I felt fine yesterday...

I cannot follow these directions. It is too confusing to me, Please cancel my request. this is making things worse. thank you anyway
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Osteoporosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

It appears that you may be suffering from generalized bone weakness or Osteoporosis.

Do get a DEXA Scan done to confirm. Also get some blood tests like Complete blood cell count, CRP, Anti CCP. Also get tested for Serum Vitamin D levels.

You can take Acetaminophen for the pain.

You need Vitamin D and Calcium supplements.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu