Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Question: My mother was detected with Ovarian Cancer and she is in Canada right now. Post-operative Diagnosis - Procedure adopted:
- Low anterior resection
- Complete pelvic peritonectomy
- Radical hysterectomy
- Bilateral salpingo oophorectomy
- infracolic omentectomy
- Resection left and right paracolic gutters
- Mobilization of splenic flexur
- ileostomy
- Insertion of IP Port
Operation was done on 15.1.2014
On 16.7.2014, she underwent reversal of loop ileostomy and removal of IP Port in OR.

She is coming back to XXXXXXX and my question is As she was to go for blood test before chemo after every three weeks, and because location of veins was giving a lot
trouble every time, Doctor (Oncologist) recommended the use of the VITAL PORT VASCULAR ACCESS SYSTEM in order to
make therapy more comfortable and convenient. Therefore, the Port was implanted on 17.3.2015.

While in XXXXXXX she has to go for follow up after every 2-3 months (for blood test etc.). Here Oncologist in Canada advised not to get it
removed now but at least after every FOUR -SIX WEEKS Doctor/Qualified Nurse has to flush the Vital Port with a heparinized saline solution to keep the catheter clean and open.
Request if I can get an advice so that whe she comes back I can show you all the reports as well
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ready to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The VITAL PORT VASCULAR ACCESS SYSTEM your mother has should be flushed with heparinized saline solution every 4-6 weekly to keep it patent, as your doctor advised.
It is a easy procedure, and can be done by a trained nurse.
You can follow up with me with all her reports, when she comes back, by asking a direct question to me on health care magic portal. I am always ready to answer your health related queries anytime on this portal.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 10 minutes later
thanks Doctor so you suggest no need to take that out and flushing wont be an issue in XXXXXXX

please let me know your full details so that I can visit and show you all her reports once they are back this month end
thanks
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can upload reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes, there is no need to take vascular access system out and flushing wont be an issue in XXXXXXX
My full details are:
Dr Deepti Verma
Matritva OBGYN Clinic, XXXXXXX Khand, Gomti XXXXXXX , XXXXXXX
Mon-Sat 6-9 pm
However, if you are not in XXXXXXX you can follow up with me by asking a direct question to me on health care magic portal and uploading all her reports and documents on the site. I will review them and try to guide you accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma