Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for oroantral fistula

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 12457 Questions
I recently got an extraction... And an implant in its place... Which did not work and resulted in an infection of the socket ... The dentist removed the implant cleaned the infection and probably went upto my sinus and perforated it... The socket was covered with a bridge but there seems to be a salty kind of liquid seeping out of the place where the bridge was placed... Seems to be coming from the nose... Also if I gargle this mucus type fluid is pushed out of the nose...
What could this be and how do I address it?
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Oro-antral fistula.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query..

Your complete explanation is pointing towards Oro-antral fistula.
It is a communication between sinus and mouth due to perforation of sinus floor.

The sinuses drains through nose and this is the cause of fluid seeping through nose on gargling..

There are very less chances that it will heal on its own..

So do not wait and consult an Oral Surgeon or ENT Surgeon.

The sinus opening should be closed surgically.

Please write back for more queries..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor