Suggest treatment for one sided paralysis and loss of voice

Dr. Ganesh

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Sir, my mother aged 75 years had a stroke on 20.07.2014. she could not move her right hand and she is able to move her rt.leg upwards when she is on bed, but not in standing position. she could speak and & also not able to take solid food except liquid form food. Suggest treatment for one sided paralysis and loss of voice and taking food properly.
undergone brain flair MRI Scan.It is noticed small 4 to 5 clots in in Brain.suggest possibilities for her right leg movement for walking again at least some one help and to swallow soft food.
Sorry sir i reported that she could speak. She could not speak. since her mouth is also partially attacked.
The report of BRAIN FLAIR MRI Scan will upload with in hours
Answered by Dr. Ganesh 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are on right treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXX
Thanks for approaching health care magic.
Iam Dr. Ganesh

1. So sorry for what you are going through.

2. Your mother symptoms and findings in the MRI are corresponding. At the same time you are getting appropriate treatment.

3. This kind of stroke is seen in patients with hypertension, diabetics, trauma, blood related pathologies. Due to the blockage of the vessels in the brain due to thrombus ( blood clot) the part after the block will not have blood supply, so that part or side functions will get paralysed.

4. The treatment aim is to melt the thrombus ( thrombolysis ) and regain the tissue,
it depends on the time and patient underlying medical conditions.

5.Take good care, help her in all needful things, get a followup with the treating doctor if you have any changes ( so that doctor can change or alter the treatment).

Hope it helps you, if you have any thing to ask, do not hesitate.
wish your mother good health .
thank you.
Dr. Ganesh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D