Suggest treatment for numbness in fingers of the right hand while sleeping
may be carpal tunnel syndrome
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible that your symptoms may be due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
This is condition that occurs as a result of pressure on the nerve that passes under a sheath at the wrist into the hand.
The symptoms are often worse at night due to unintended pressure on the nerve as a result of hand positions during sleep.
This would also cause the tingling at the computer.
There are certain examination techniques your doctor can do to determine if this is the case.
Treatment involves: (a) weight loss if related to excess weight- this is one cause that can be associated with nerve compression
(b)the use of splints for the wrists
(c)surgery if needed- if there is no response
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Re the neuropathy I just want to be ready in case Dr. Starts thinking along those lines.
Thank you - I appreciate your response.
carpal tunnel can occur in either hand whether dominant hand or not
Sorry about delayed reply
Neuropathy refers to abnormal function of one or more of the nerves.
Carpal tunnel causes a type of neuropathy because it compresses or causes pressure on a nerve, in this case the median nerve.
This is trauma which is one of the possible causes of neuropathy.
There are other causes of neuropathy such as : vitamin b12 or folate deficiency, diabetes, liver or kidney disease, side effect of medication, stroke, ms, idiopathic- cause is not known
If your doctor does not think the neuropathy is related to carpal tunnel then he may consider checking into some of these causes
Carpal tunnel can occur in either hand whether it is the dominant hand or not.
Please feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Treatment and cure for hand numbness
- Treatment and cure for finger numbness
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Pregnant fingers hand numbness tongue numbness treatment
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Pain in right hand cramps numb treatment
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...