Suggest treatment for nerve injury after shingles
Residual nerve damage
Thanks for the query
Few patients suffer from nerve injury after shingles, especially the peripheral nerves which causes pain. However most often it settles down in 8 weeks and very rarely lasts more than that. Since you are having pain for more than a year now it calls for testing to find some other cause for nerve damage.
Here is what you should do
1. Continue Lyrica for the pain
2 Meet a Neurologist for nerve conduction study to know the extent of the damage
3. Get your Vit B12, Thyroid and sugars tests soon. These are the most common reasons for nerve pain
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for backbone nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for spinal nerve injury
- Radial nerve injury treatment
- Treatment and cure for reversible nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for facial nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for superficial nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for traumatic nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for tibial nerve injury
- Treatment and cure for minor nerve injury
- Suggest remedy for flow of semen in urine
- Are androgen receptors always present in androgen target tissues by birth?
- Should Ecosprin intake be continued when cholesterol is 210?
- Does frequent fatigue indicative of thyroid problem?
- What causes severe headaches?
- What causes sudden explosive sound in mouth?
- What does scars around foreskin after masturbation indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to UTI
- How long does it take for liver enzymes to be normal in a recovering...
- What causes nausea and cold sweats after taking Tami Flu?