Suggest treatment for neck pain and stiffness

Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jul 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Have had neck pain and stiffness for 1.5 years and am finally in physical therapy. The past few days, developed pain & inflammation in left ear. Saw PA/doctor yesterday who said apply heat. Am doing. Question after looking around the net: is it possible that the two are related as in a scary way??
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think they are related.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

I am not sure what exactly do you mean by scary way, however I don't believe the two to be related. Had they manifested at the same time one might have thought of a relation, (say an ear infection complicating with meningitis) but at a distance of 1.5 years and the neck pain and stiffness preceding the ear pain, I do not see any relation between the two.

I remain at your disposal for further questions.