Suggest treatment for narrowing of disc space at C5-C6
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query.
the best decision can be made after the MRI.
Surgery is not the only option.
Its in fact the final option, albeit the best option.
The other possible options, and what i recommend in my patients first is
1. A trial with gabapentine and amitryptiline.
2. A trial with physiotherapy.
3. A trial with cervical traction.
As for your question regarding effect, surgery ca halt and even reduce the pain.
But there are complications also, so I would avoid it at onset. However, if the response of options 1-3 is limited, or if the clinical condition demands, surgery can be considered as an option.
Best of luck
usually additive effect
thanks for your response.
the medicines I have suggested have action that are largely additive to the medicines you are on.
still if initiated, it would be good to meet the prescribing doctor once.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for degenerative bulging disc
- Treatment for reduced disc space
- Suggest treatment for pain due to degenerative disc disease
- Suggest treatment for lumbar disc disease with radiculopathy
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Disc location treatment c6 c5 in ayurvedic
- C5 6 herniated disc treatment
- Suggest treatment for disc herniation
- Treatment for neural foraminal narrowing, disc protrusion
- Suggest treatment for spondyloarthrosis and disc protrusion